Here are several simple steps to keep feeling and looking your best all year long…
Reinforce your skincare routine:
- Cleanse twice a day it’s essential for healthy skin.
- Exfoliate. Get rid of old skin to reveal fresh skin cells.
- Try RESCUE favorite Lotion P50 “1970” containing Lactic Acid. Recommended to use twice a day. Or use Valmont ‘s fine grain exfoliant twice a week.
- Stay loyal to retinol. Trends in skincare come and go Vitamin A derivative retinol has been proven to stimulate collagen, reduce wrinkles, and prevent breakouts. WARNING: Do not use retinol before waxing and make sure to wear SPF.
- Moisturize like a pro. Smooth on free radical fighting antioxidant serum, my favorite is DNA Repair by Valmont. Followed by a hydrating moisturizer. I recommend 24 hour cream.
- DIY Facial. Take some time to add a mask to your routine, twice weekly. Rescue cult classic Mask Vivant is like nutrition power pack for the skin. Renewing Pack is our favorite for a skin thirst quencher.
- Protect your skin. Our skin is under constant assault; pollution, UV rays, and the elements. So protect it during the day with an adequate UVA & UVB sunscreen. Making sure you apply a serum underneath, like Fluide VIP O2. You don’t want sunscreen directly on your skin. Also make sure to remove sunscreen at night… you don’t want those chemicals falling asleep with you.
Drink Plenty of Water!
- Dehydrated skin is old looking skin. Boo, who wants that? Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Try an at home Rescue favorite by infusing with lemon & lime or orange, cucumber, and mint.
- Revamp your routine. Keep your blood flowing. Try new classes at yoga. Try new sports like tennis, swimming, or racketball.
- My favorite skin enhancers are avocado, flax seed, chia seeds, nuts, fatty fish (think salmon), berries, lean protein and vegetables.
- Avoid processed foods, white flour, soft drinks, and fast food.
Update your makeup bag.
- Our skin is forever changing what worked previously may not be the best makeup for you going forward. Try different foundation, our RESCUE favorite is the L’Elixir des Glaciers Teint Precieux. It’s like a skincare enhancer with precieux serum and a self adjusting coverage. This is way beyond any bb cream out there.
- Experiment. Try new colors.
- Make sure your eyebrows are beautifully shaped. It looks like this year is still going to be all about brows and lashes. Try Revitalash and Revitabrow for the healthiest, fullest, lashes and brows imaginable.
Update your wardrobe
- This year different patterns and textures work together. Experiment with what’s already in your wardrobe. Dig out some patterns you’d never thought you’d wear together and go for it. Borrow mom’s and grandma’s old clothes for a retro revival. It makes dressing up fun!
Happy New Year to everyone!