The heat is on and most of my clients are complaining about more breakouts during the summer months. Here are some tips to keep breakouts at bay:
- Cleanse thoroughly. If you haven’t switched to a deep pore cleanser yet it’s the time to do so. Especially cleansing is important at night since we are removing residue of sunscreen, sweat, makeup, etc.
- DIY Facial. Summer is the perfect time to perform a mini facial at home. It only takes 15 min for your skin to look better. Cleanse, Exfoliate, Tone, apply a clay Mask, and finish with a light moisturizing lotion.
- If you have a breakout here is a quick fix. All you need is an ice cube and baking soda (used in everything toothpaste, facial scrubs, deep pore cleansers, etc). You can start by applying an ice cube on the area, pat baking soda gently, and it will become a paste. Leave the paste on for about 15-20 minutes. The ice helps the inflammation go down while the baking soda draw out impurities.
- Summer is all about less is more. Less makeup, lighter moisturizers, and no fuss!
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! Keep drinking water to stay hydrated.
- Protect. Wear sunscreen of a minimum of SPF 30 UVA/UVB protection. Reapply every 2 hours. While on the beach wear a hat and sunglasses as well. Find shade and enjoy!
Esthetician and Owner of Rescue Rittenhouse Spa,