February is a short month… don’t forget to schedule your $20 Designer Eyebrow Shaping with Veronica!
Check out this perfect Designer Brow Shaping (before + after) by Veronica Lopez.
Call 215.772.2766 now to schedule for $20 (usually $40) during the month of February!
Are you happy with your brow shape? If not? Are you neurotic about your brows and tweezing away hairs that look astray? Well STOP! Chances are you’re over tweezing! Less is more when it comes to grooming and growing brows.
Understanding your brow shape is hard if you haven’t been told by a licensed professional what shape frames your eyes. The guidance is a crucial part because you are used to seeing your brows every day and a professional can tell you where you need work. I used to think I’d achieve the look I wanted by continually tweezing any hair that looked out of place. I also never knew that kitchen scissors and hair scissors where any different (when trimming eyebrows), so let’s just say I’ve had a few mishaps. First step is the hardest:
1. Let it grow (hide your tweezers)…feel free to use an eyebrow pencil to fill in uneven spots during this process (see number 4)
2. If they won’t grow, use RevitaBrow. Incredible effective eyebrow serum that starts working in three weeks.
3. Go to a licensed professional who specializes in brows to help guide you in your shape and growth
4. Find a brow pencil that looks natural to help guide shape and growth and to fill in bald spots. My personal favorite pencil is Chantecaille retractable pencil because it offers natural shades and has a comb on the opposite end. Make sure you don’t go darker than your brows.
5. Tinting your brows makes them look fuller. I’m addicted! I tint my brows every three weeks. Even if you are tinting the color of your natural brow, you’d be surprised the number of little blonde hairs around it the tint can grab to achieve a thicker look. Tinting is a must!
6. Make sure you schedule appts 3-4 weeks apart to keep up with the grooming process. And don’t touch in between or you may fall back on old habits.
Check out My eyebrow evolution over time. If I can do it, you can too!
Latina Beauty Aficionado and Cosmopolitan Chile writer Trini Id visited us in Philadelphia, all the way from Chile! Check out the half page feature on Rescue Spa en espanol.
Para seguir maltratándonos con la Caro nos fuimos directo a nuestra invitación al Rescue Spa. Un muy exclusivo Spa en downtown Philly donde su dueña (Danuta Mieloch, polaca hermosa con más de 20 años en USA) decidió hacer algo bien hecho para todas las mujeres. El spa cuenta con servicios de: manicure, pedicure, faciales, masajes, maquillaje, perfilado de cejas, sauna, duchas de vapor, barra de café y snacks y una boutique con las mejores cremas anti-aging.
Vida Colon, una latina americana con una piel envidiable, nos hizo el tour por las maravillas de todas las marcas de origen francés y suizo que cuenta Rescue. Entre estas destaco Cellcosmet, Valmont y Biologique Recherche (la favorita de la dueña, por lo que tengo muchas expectativas puestas en ella). Cellcosmet es suizo y usa células preservadas para la iluminación y rejuvenecimiento de la piel y Valmont también apunta a la cosmética celular más la utilización de componentes de agua glaciar.
Pero en total Rescue tiene más de 30 marcas exclusivas y muy “high end” que para ser sinceras uno no sabe por donde empezar! Empezamos por lo importante: un perfilado de cejas con la premiada por Vogue Magazine, María Gulraiz . Muy talentosa y apasionada, María nos perfiló las cejas de manera maestra con una pasión que pocas veces he visto. Y si bien estuvo su buen rato en mis cejas (que además tiñó con henna natural para darme un aspecto de más densidad) el resultado fue perfecto!
Mi mamá siempre me ha alejado de esas cejas delgadas casi dibujadas, y María comparte la filosofía que una ceja gruesa y bien perfilada da un aspecto joven y natural. Y para terminar nuestra estadía de casi 3 horas en el spa, nos dimos un sauna exquisito y arropadas en batas blancas nos hicimos la manicure más perfecta que me he hecho en estas tierras. Hoy, a más de 2 semanas de haber ido, aun la tengo en mis manos mientras escribo (un milagro).
Definitivamente la experiencia fue increíble y uno se puede mal acostumbrar con la excelencia de Rescue Spa. Yo lo extraño al menos.
For those that can’t read Spanish here is a (super) rough Google translation:
To follow maltratándonos with Caro we went straight to our invitation to Rescue Spa. A very exclusive Spa in downtown Philly where its owner (Danuta Mieloch, beautiful polish with more than 20 years in USA) decided to do something well done for All the women. The spa features services: manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, makeup, eyebrow shaping, sauna, steam showers, coffee bar and snacks and a boutique with the best anti-aging creams.
Vida Colon, an American Latina with an enviable skin, made the tour of the wonders of all brands of French and Swiss origin that has Rescue. Between these feature Cellcosmet, Valmont and Biologique Recherche (the favorite of the owner, so I have many expectations placed on it). Cellcosmet is Swiss and uses cells preserved for lighting and skin rejuvenation and Valmont also cell targets more cosmetic components using glacier water.
But overall Rescue has more than 30 exclusive brands and very “high end” that be honest you do not know where to start!
We started so important: a shaped eyebrows with awarded by Vogue Magazine, Maria Gulraiz. Very talented and passionate, Maria outlined eyebrows and taught with a passion that I have rarely seen. And while it was his good time in my eyebrows (also dyed with natural henna to give me a look more density) the result was perfect! My mom has always taken me away from those eyebrows thin almost drawn, and Maria shares the philosophy that a thick eyebrow and well profiled gives a youthful and natural appearance.
And to end our stay of almost 3 hours in the spa, we found an exquisite sauna and were clothed in white robes.
We had the most perfect manicure I’ve in these lands. Today, more than 2 weeks have gone even have it in my hands as I write (a miracle).
Definitely the experience was amazing and one can hardly accustom with Rescue excellence Spa. I miss at least.
Define the look of fuller, bolder, more beautiful brows
A multi-tasking, breakthrough eyebrow setting gel that helps to control, enhance and condition eyebrows for immediate, dramatic results. Hi-Def Tinted Brow Gel is a multi-tasking, breakthrough mineral tint styling gel that helps tame unruly brows to control, enhance and condition while instantly filling in any areas that appear sparse or thin for immediate, dramatic results. Unique styling brush helps sculpt the perfect brow.
- Natural Tint
- Soft-flex Hold
- Long Wear
Unique double-ended applicator provides styling brush and comb on one end and soft bristle spoolie brush on opposite end for precision application
Versatile, semi-translucent mineral tint shade compliments most hair colors and allows for buildable color intensity
Water-resistant and long wear formula provide all day confidence
Size: 7.4 mL
Today’s solstice marks the official beginning of summer! Whether you’re braving the city heat wave or staying down the shore you still want to look your best. If you already wear a broad spectrum SPF daily and practice a good skincare regimen then your summer beauty routine is going to be a breeze. Here are some pointers to further enhance your natural beauty while beating the heat & humidity…
- Ditch the liquid foundations and opt for a little tinted moisturizer with an SPF. A little goes a long way for a fresh and dewy complexion. *Try applying with a damp sponge for even coverage.
- Try bronzer. The golden tones will give you a healthy looking sun-kissed glow.
- Exchange your high definition powder blush for a natural flush with crème blush.
- Matte lips can be a bit too dramatic for warmer weather. Instead try a neutral gloss or brightly colored lip stain.
- Heavily concentrated fragrances can quickly become overpowering on hot days. A lighthearted roll-on perfume like Kai is easy to throw in your bag and smells delightfully fresh.
- Smoky eyes are too intense for the beach. Instead sweep a golden shadow on your lids to keep your look light and modern.
- Don’t: succumb to raccoon eyes. Do: use a waterproof Eyeliner and Mascara
- Save your dark nail polish for Fall & Winter. Nudes, Neons, and Pastels will keep your look updated & cool.
- Lightly filling in or enhancing your brows will enable you to wear less makeup and place the emphasis on your eyes. Comb brows in place with a clear gel or a mousse to keep them in place all day.
- Rehydrate & Reapply often. UV Incellium spray instantly refreshes, hydrates, sets makeup, and adds extra protection with SPF 8.
- You need tweezers, scissors, a brush that looks like a mascara wand and a mirror.
- Comb your brows in an up and out direction.
- Make a decision of how you want your eyebrows to look. Try not to modify too much because the natural shape is already created to go with your features. (Optional: take a white eye kohl and color under and above the eyebrow to mark the part you want to tweeze. Do it on both eyebrows before you start tweezing. This way you will be able to achieve better symmetry)
- After you are done tweezing, take the brush and comb your brows up again. Now carefully trim the hair that is longer and goes above the line of the brow.
- Now, brush your brows down. Don’t trim as much as above the eyebrow.
The truth about trimming:
Trimming your eyebrows will make them look groomed and thinner. Keeping this in mind, be sure not to tweeze your eyebrows as thin as you normally would.
- The best eyebrow shape is a bit of a fuller brow.
- Starting thicker and slowly thinning out toward the edges.
- When it comes to an arch, don’t over do it. Some people have straight eyebrows and trying to get an arch would make their brows too thin and it wouldn’t fit their features. Lift the arch just enough so you don’t have too much skin between your eye and brow. The higher you go, your eyelids might start looking droopy.
Keep it as natural as possible!