Shannon O’Brien, Esthetician, Rescue Spa Philadelphia
It’s never a bad time for Rescue’s Fix-It-All Facial with this detoxifying and luminizing properties. Esthetician Shannon O’Brien emphasizes how the limited-availability Biologique products are an essential part of the treatment—especially when paired with microdermabrasion, topical peel, electric microcurrent and LED light therapy aspects of the facial. $250, 1601 Walnut St., 3rd Floor, 866-772-2766
Read the full article over at Philadelphia Style Magazine
We’re barely two weeks into our new normal – freezing, winter-like temps – and already we’re noticing the telltale signs of cold weather: dry, flaky, scaly skin. While lotions and moisturizers can help, sometimes you need to bring in the big guns and hie yourself to a spa and the hands of a seasoned skin pro.
We’ve sleuthed out five of Philly’s best treatments for winter’s dry skin, all of which will bring some life and moisture into even the dullest, flakiest skin. Get one now before winter really wreaks its havoc, and you’ll be dewy ’til spring. (Or at least until it snows.)
Full-Spectrum Facial, $200 // Rescue Spa, Rittenhouse
During this 90-minute tailored-to-you pampering session, your face, neck and shoulders will be massaged, de-gunked, and re-hydrated to glowing perfection. West Coast transplant Ashley Span cleans, steams and wraps your face in hot towels, before giving you an exfoliating microdermabrasion to slough away dead layers. Up next: a Biolift plumping treatment which activates collagen (think: tighter, tauter, skin), followed by an LED light therapy treatment for color correction. Then, your face is slathered in serums to send a much-needed drink deep into your skin for moisture that lasts. (It’s been three days since my full-spectrum microdermabrasion, and my skin still feels brand-new.)
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/shoppist/2016/01/12/best-dry-skin-beauty-treatments/#qJp1pvdKbo3ezhYL.99
Can simply sitting under a colored light for a few minutes actually transform your skin? LED light therapy devotees claim that it can do everything from eliminate acne, calm rosacea and eczema, prevent wrinkles, and heal scarring. And unlike lasers, LEDs promise to be completely painless. Given that most cutting edge beauty treatments seem to involve some sort of discomfort, LEDs sounded too good to be true. I headed to the Rescue Spa in Philadelphia to check it out for myself.
LEDs, or Light Emitting Diodes, work by sending healing light into the deepest layers of your skin. The healing benefits of LEDs were originally discovered by NASA when researchers found that cells exposed to LEDs grow up to 150 to 200% faster than cells not exposed to the light, ultimately speeding up skin’s natural healing process. Each light color offers a distinct benefit: Violet is antibacterial and zaps blackheads; anti-inflammatory green can heal rosacea; orange lightens skin tone; red stimulates collagen and intracellular ATP production to help reduce wrinkles, and blue soothes irritated, acne-plagued skin.
The results aren’t just skin deep: the Rescue Spa promises that LED treatments are an energizing, rejuvenating, stress-relieving experience. Why wouldn’t I sign up? The treatment is done after a traditional facial so that your esthetician—in this case, owner Danuta Mieloch—can determine which light will work best for your skin type. She chooses blue light to calm and clear my skin (it’s been acting up). I am handed a pair of protective glasses and engulfed by three hinged panels of blue light for 15 minutes. It’s not uncomfortable, but if you’re prone to claustrophobia you may not love the feeling of light-filled panels surrounding your face just 6-inches away. Really all you have to do is relax and let the warm lights work their magic for about 15 minutes…
(Read the full article here)
Healthy looking skin is at the top of every woman’s wishlist. The best way to achieve this is to develop a good skincare routine, it has to be consistent (the biggest problem for most people). If you haven’t already tried our cult all-in-one beauty fix P50 1970 this is the time to do so! At RESCUE we believe in products that work to keep your skin moist, hydrated, and youthful. We offer a full range of active formulas such as: AVST, RETINOL, Intensive Antioxidant Gel, Vitamin C, as well as Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides, Oxygenation, Amino Acids, etc. All of these potent formulas are great collagen boosters that also provide cellular repair. A winter standout product is still Regenera II. I always say it is the richest cream on earth! Provides instant hydration and prevents moisture loss.
Maintain beautiful skin by scheduling our Signature Facial or a non-invasive laser treatment: Biolift, LED, Energy Lift, Refirme, and IPL (ask for a spot treatment for those problem areas).
Nails As a Fashion Accessory. For a quick fashion update try one of our nail designs as well as Vinylux 1-week nail polish, a healthy alternative to gel nails.
Hair care is big this year. Did you know that your hair ages as well? We added Rene Furterer and Phyto Hair Care since our clientele knows to take care of their scalp & hair as well as their skin.
Makeup as skincare. Chantecaille and By Terry are of the very few makeup companies that approach cosmetics as skincare. At RESCUE we like to hear “your skin looks great” rather than “your makeup looks great”. We offer BB & CC creams and tinted moisturizers & foundations that won’t reak havoc on your skin. Schedule a makeup master class with one of our makeup artists to learn how to perfect your look.
Beauty Must-haves for 2014
- Complexe 5 the foundation for all hair types. Did you know that the scalp has build up (eww!)? Detoxing your scalp is essential for a healthy scalp and beautiful hair.
- Make frizz nonexistent with Phytodefrisant. Sans silicone & parabens. Enriched with a botanical plant base.
- Regenera II, as I always say it is the richest cream on earth!
- Foot Logix a healing foam for cracked heels and calluses.
- Gin Fizz eau de parfum by Lubin Paris was favored by Grace Kelly. A touch of history with a lasting scent.
RESCUE’s simple and easy approach to beauty:
- Hydrate. Drink water often it’s amazing what it does for your skin and your entire body, keeping it moist and supple.
- Breathe. Oxygen is crucial for your well-being. Conscious deep breathing just for a few minutes relieves stress, rejuvenates your skin, re-energizes your body.
- Exercise. Find activity that suits you and your lifestyle. Try yoga, pilates, strength training, go for a walk, run, or bike. The benefits are amazing. Releases “feel good” hormones, increases blood flow, and reduces stress.
- 4. Eat sensibly. Focus on fresh complex foods containing proteins, vitamins, vital nutrients, healthy fats (avocado, olive oil) these are the building blocks of skin tissue.
- Get enough sleep. When well rested everything is better: mood, skin, energy.
- Have a hobby & passion. Doing things we love slows down the aging process.
- Beware of sun damage. Staying out of the sun is the most valuable beauty lesson. Always protect yourself with sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, find shade, use skincare containing active ingredients and antioxidants for extra protection.
- RESCUE’s anti-aging mantra. “Everything in moderation”. From how much you eat. How often you exercise. How many laser treatments, facials, injectables, plastic surgery, etc. that you receive. Simplify.
- Smile often! Self confidence and self esteem are at the top of the beauty list.
- Give & share.
Well it’s now September and you may be thinking your skin looks dull, and sallow. Need a jump start? Perhaps a facial with LED can give you salvation!
This incredible treatment will rescue your skin from the ravages that UVA and UVB cause during the summer. First a thorough cleansing, followed by a very non-invasive superficial peel to help deal with photo-damage, fine lines, and wrinkles. Second step LED light therapy with recharges the skin cells deep within the tissue to repair damaged cells ans stimulate the rejuvenation process, which leads to more firm skin!! Hallelujah! Third- Develop an at-home skin care regimen with your skin care tech that will support the incredible process you are making with your facial treatments. Trust me- We won’t steer you wrong. Your family and friends will notice your new glow!
Esthetician Shannon Mansor
Rescue Rittenhouse Spa has all of your skin care needs! Where do I begin? From the Classic Rescue Facial, the amazing Bio-lift, Microdermabrasion, Peels, all the way to high-tech!! Let me break down some of my favorite innovative treatments.
LED Therapy: LED therapy is a NASA based technology used to grow plants in space. WOW! As far as your skin is concerned LED therapy recharges your skin cells, improves collagen, and reduces sun damage. In a nut shell, if you’re not an ideal candidate for microdermabrasion, or peels, LED therapy helps to calm your skin. This is a happy treatment for Rescue clients with sensitive skin, rosacea and or acne. LED light therapy is safe and has no side effects, non-invasive, pain-free and cost effective.
Bio-lift Facial: Sometime last year I ran into a friend and couldn’t help but notice how incredible her skin looked. I honestly thought she had work done! I asked her what she did and she told me it was the Bio-lift facial! Exclusive to Rescue, Bio-lift is a specialized treatment that uses micro-electric currents to stimulate the muscles of the face and neck. Leaving your skin absolutely radiant!
Trinti Skin Treatment: The Triniti treatment is a perfect trifecta using the most effective technologies in a non-surgical treatment.
- First, Foto Facial which improves color correction, age spots, and skin damage.
- Second, Refirme – Skin tightening. Wrinkle reduction that targets signs of aging including jowls, neck laxity, and marionette lines.
- Third, eMatrix– fractional ablasion that resolves moderate wrinkles and skin texture so skin becomes smoother.
These are just a few of the most innovative techniques offered at Rescue Rittenhouse Spa, we look forward to seeing you soon!