It’s officially Fall which means that it is time for a refresh!
As your sun-kissed glow begins to dwindle the signs of sun damage may start to appear. It happens to the best of us, even those that wear SPF diligently. Unfortunately these tell-tale signs take form in unwanted or extra sun spots, hyperpigmentation, and dehydration.
Which makes this is the perfect time to schedule a restorative treatment to specifically target and repair sun damage. We recommend scheduling any one of our
Rescue Spa Signature Facials, always tailored to your needs.
No need to book a flight to experience these exceptional treatments, these are the same treatments offered at the world famous Ambassade de la Beauté on the Champs-Élysées in Paris.
Manicures and Pedicures
Stay on trend and choose any color of your choice from our incredible selection of polishes. You can also opt for Bioseaweed Gel, the healthy alternative to typical gel nails, for 2+ weeks of high shine, chip-free gel nails, sans UV light (we use LED).
There is nothing quite like a face-transforming magic of an eyebrow shaping with a pro. Allow our experienced hands to custom shape the perfect pair of brows for your face.
Fall is the ideal time for a hair refresh! Whether you are refreshing your color, cutting it short, adding some fringe, or simply playing with texture… this is the prime time to do it.
Our Fall 2017 palette is as gorgeous as ever. Our skilled makeup artists will enhance your features for a beautiful finish.
From no-makeup makeup … to all-out glam it’s entirely up to you.
Veronica Lopez is a licensed esthetician and makeup artist. At Rescue, her main focus is makeup application, facial waxing, lash extensions, and brow/lash tinting. She loves to apply her artistic talent to enhance the beauty of each client’s face. Veronica is very passionate about makeup and perfecting complexions with the stroke of a brush. She has been in the industry since 2009 and has grown rapidly. Lopez has done a broad range of events from; weddings to non-profits and professional photo shoots with well-known establishments such as Health Magazine, Women’s Health Magazine, Best of Philly Magazine, Johnson & Johnson, Five Below, Reinhard Modeling Agency, The Red Ball, Sh. Cosmetics, Duke and Winston and many others.
Summer Makeup Look by Maria Gulraiz and the Chantecaille deets used to achieve this naturally glamours look…
- Mermaid Eye Color Lagoon
- Mermaid Eye Color Triton
- Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara
- Waterproof Eye Liner Ebony
- Waterproof Oak Brown Brow Definer
- Coral Lip Definer (available in spa)
- Lip Chic Mandarin (available in spa)
by Maria Gulraiz
There’s no better way to unwind and beautify before your walk down the aisle than with a stress-relieving massage, a glow-boosting facial or some pretty polish—with your brides- maids soaking it all in right alongside you, of course. Whether you’ve decided on a low-key bachelorette party or you simply want to gather your best girls for a bit of pre-wedding pampering, you can’t go wrong with a few hours spent at one of the Philadelphia area’s most luxurious spas.
Rescue Spa 1601 Walnut Street, 3rd floor, Rittenhouse, 215-772-2766
The Vibe: Once you step off the elevator into this modern European oasis, it won’t take long to forget you’re in the center of a bustling city. The brightly lit space is the epitome of elegance, with dark wood, white-washed brick, soothing gray walls, and a long manicure table lined with high-backed Victorian chairs.
The Services: To ensure glowing, gorgeous skin for your Big Day, treat yourself to Rescue’s Luxe Facial—a new addition to the menu that combines microdermabrasion, a topical peel and non-invasive electric currents, to achieve firmer, more radiant skin. As for your girls, they’ll want to book blowouts in Rescue’s salon, indulge in manicures and pedicures with the talented Kelly Jean Collana, and have a go at the lash extension services now being offered by the spa’s primary makeup artist, Victoria Roggio.
The Experience: Rescue’s relaxing, intimate atmosphere is best suited to smaller parties (say, the bride and two or three girlfriends), since you’ll be sharing the lounge—which has a huge, comfortable couch that’s perfect for everyone to gather on between treatments—and locker room (complete with showers and a steam sauna) with the spa’s other guests.
Ask For: When you give the spa a call, ask to speak to the general manager, Aggie Otrebska, who will help coordinate the appointments for your entire party. Catering: Rescue is strictly BYO; you’re welcome to bring along a bottle of bubbly and a light snack or cupcakes to nibble on during your stay.
Read more at: http://www.phillymag.com/philadelphia-wedding/2015/12/10/local-bridal-guide-7-spas-in-philly-the-burbs-that-can-pamper-you-your-maids-for-your-wedding/
Makeup: Victoria Roggio
In the past 2 years I have gained a lot of knowledge about skincare and great products, guess what I am working with one of the most talented and knowledgeable team at Rescue Spa, Philadelphia. Being a product junkie I try everything that’s out there, and then of course I share my knowledge and experience with my readers and clients. I love skin, I love health and I love everything that makes you pretty and feel good. My theory is very simple, less is more. Having a healthy skin is everything and now is the right time to address questions if you have them, now is a good time to meet and talk about your concerns. I am happy to recommend you some great products that changed my life and made me wear so much less makeup and feel great about my skin.
In the past few months I have met a good number of clients who had the same problem, dehydration and dull skin. Often people forget about the basics: Cleanse, Exfoliate and Hydrate. I’ve heard so many times the myth “drinking 8 glasses of water a day will rehydrate your skin”. Well guess what, it is great to stay hydrated and drink a lot of water but there are some essential steps that you still have to follow and make some time to give love to your beautiful face and body.
1. Cleansing The Skin sets the stage for everything else that will take place in your skin. More so than any other part of your skin-care routine, it is essential that the cleansing products you use are gentle. Over cleansing or using cleansers that are too drying is a major cause of irritation, dry patches and sometimes redness. Different cleansers suit different faces. I love mild, creamy formulas of cleansers because they don’t irritate my skin, but a foaming cleanser or gel cleanser may be better for oily skin (Valmont Nature Cleansing with a Gel). I use daily to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin Lait U by Biologique Recherche. It’s more than a cleanser, it’s also a makeup remover. Lait U is a non-oily, fresh cleanser that respects the skin’s natural moisturizing processes. It is recommended for all skin types. It gently removes makeup, impurities, and cleanses without dehydrating. Respects the function of the epidermis. Does not leave an oily film.
2. Exfoliate your skin. I love and I can rave about P50 Original 1970 by Bilogique Recherche. This toner is “like a facial in a bottle” (Danuta Mieloch). It hydrates, exfoliates and balances the pH level in your skin. This product has changed my life and I highly recommend to use it . I have noticed that my skin feels fresh and young, I have a natural glow after using P50 Toner for over a year in the AM and PM. However, when I wake up in the morning, and my skin feels so soft and most importantly, a lot more rested. And since my schedule has been super hectic, that’s absolutely crucial for me.
3. Moisturize. When staring at the shelves and shelves of skin-care products, it can seem as if there is a cream for every pore. But finding the right formula is actually pretty simple. You can always make an app to see an esthetician or get samples of products that you find interesting and find more about them. I personally like to layer my products since I don’t like to feel a heavy cream on my skin. I use a Serum under my eyes and checks area to brighten my skin and on top a moisturizer. It is also great to have one moisturizer for the day that does a double duty. Day formula should contain a broad – spectrum SPF of at least 15, and after that , you can pick your weapon : anti- oxidants, anti-aging, anti-acne, you name it and I am happy to help you.
Silk Plus Serum by Bilogique Recherche unifies the complexion of the skin. is a moisturizing, smoothing serum that contains high concentrations of regenerating agents, Hyaluronic Acid, Cucumber and Silk extracts which really soothe the skin and leave it feeling silky soft! It is recommended for all skin types.
As my day moisturizer I prefer to use Embryolisse, it is lightweight and great for all skin types. “This cult Parisian cream is found in every makeup artist’s backstage kit bag.” Packed with nourishing, skin-plumping ingredients, Embryolisse’s cult formula can be used as a moisturizer, cleanser, mask or primer. See the tone and feel of your complexion visibly improve thanks to Shea Butter, Aloe Vera and Soy Protein – all are rich in essential vitamins, fatty and amino acids proven to stimulate cell renewal and collagen fibers.
- Suitable for all ages and skin types, including children and babies – perfect for men after shaving
- Leaves even dry and sensitive skin soothed and comforted
- Rebuilds the hydrolipidic film that protects the skin from environmental aggression
- Can be used as a cleanser, makeup remover, beauty mask or after sun
- Paraben Free and Not Tested on Animals
For any questions or if you are interested to have a consultation with me, feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org Hope this information is useful for all of you!
When the spa moved to 16th and Walnut, it expanded its services (hello, Best of Philly 2014 winner for blowouts!). But we really love the new location for its bigger, better selection of beauty products, now organized in a huge display section worthy of the luxury brands it carries. Here you can score hard-to-find products like Valmont and Biologique Recherche skincare, Keiko Mecheri and Serge Lutens perfumes, Chantecaille makeup, makeup shampoos and conditioners, and James Read self-tanning lotions. It’s basically the best of all European beauty brands in one sleek space.
Better yet: Their website makes it easy to shop online, too.