Here are several simple steps to keep feeling and looking your best all year long…
Reinforce your skincare routine:
- Cleanse twice a day it’s essential for healthy skin.
- Exfoliate. Get rid of old skin to reveal fresh skin cells.
- Try RESCUE favorite Lotion P50 “1970” containing Lactic Acid. Recommended to use twice a day. Or use Valmont ‘s fine grain exfoliant twice a week.
- Stay loyal to retinol. Trends in skincare come and go Vitamin A derivative retinol has been proven to stimulate collagen, reduce wrinkles, and prevent breakouts. WARNING: Do not use retinol before waxing and make sure to wear SPF.
- Moisturize like a pro. Smooth on free radical fighting antioxidant serum, my favorite is DNA Repair by Valmont. Followed by a hydrating moisturizer. I recommend 24 hour cream.
- DIY Facial. Take some time to add a mask to your routine, twice weekly. Rescue cult classic Mask Vivant is like nutrition power pack for the skin. Renewing Pack is our favorite for a skin thirst quencher.
- Protect your skin. Our skin is under constant assault; pollution, UV rays, and the elements. So protect it during the day with an adequate UVA & UVB sunscreen. Making sure you apply a serum underneath, like Fluide VIP O2. You don’t want sunscreen directly on your skin. Also make sure to remove sunscreen at night… you don’t want those chemicals falling asleep with you.
Drink Plenty of Water!
- Dehydrated skin is old looking skin. Boo, who wants that? Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Try an at home Rescue favorite by infusing with lemon & lime or orange, cucumber, and mint.
- Revamp your routine. Keep your blood flowing. Try new classes at yoga. Try new sports like tennis, swimming, or racketball.
- My favorite skin enhancers are avocado, flax seed, chia seeds, nuts, fatty fish (think salmon), berries, lean protein and vegetables.
- Avoid processed foods, white flour, soft drinks, and fast food.
Update your makeup bag.
- Our skin is forever changing what worked previously may not be the best makeup for you going forward. Try different foundation, our RESCUE favorite is the L’Elixir des Glaciers Teint Precieux. It’s like a skincare enhancer with precieux serum and a self adjusting coverage. This is way beyond any bb cream out there.
- Experiment. Try new colors.
- Make sure your eyebrows are beautifully shaped. It looks like this year is still going to be all about brows and lashes. Try Revitalash and Revitabrow for the healthiest, fullest, lashes and brows imaginable.
Update your wardrobe
- This year different patterns and textures work together. Experiment with what’s already in your wardrobe. Dig out some patterns you’d never thought you’d wear together and go for it. Borrow mom’s and grandma’s old clothes for a retro revival. It makes dressing up fun!
Happy New Year to everyone!
Are you stuck in a beauty rut as the new year approaches? Have you been using the same moisturizer and eye cream forever? It’s time for a change, change is never easy but it’s worth a try. We all have 2 shampoos and conditioners because we believe we need to switch things up. Same goes for skincare. I alternate two or three face creams and eye creams most of the time. As our skin is forever changing sometimes we need more hydration, I like Regenetic. Other times we need more treatment, then I go to Retinol and Vitamin C creams by Environ. If you’re unsure how to make a change please check in for a free consultation with a Rescue aesthetician. Happy New Year and always remember ‘Beautiful Skin is a matter of choice, not chance.’
Clients love to ask questions! And fortunately I usually have the answers. The sad part is, the
answer is almost always the same, retinols. I know, it may sound like a cop-out but it’s true.
Do you wish you could fix any of these skin conditions??
- sun damage
- rough texture
- fine lines
- dull complexion
If you answered yes, then retinols can grant you your wish! Well, almost. Seriously.
While retinols are not a cure, they are definitely a requirement for skin correction.
Now that brings me to my next point. Don’t be afraid. Run, don’t walk. Many people are hesitant to use retinols because they immediately think that their skin will become super sensitive to the sun, peel, and fall off. Well, part of that is true. While using retinols, (and always!!) SPF of 30 (or greater) should be used. And why not? The sun, quite possibly, is the reason you’re in this situation anyway. So yes, direct sun should be avoided, and yes, your skin will exfoliate faster than it normally does.
Fall is the perfect time to refresh and rejuvenate the skin with retinols because of
how our outdoor habits change and providing one less environmental factor to overcome.
And yes, we want the skin to exfoliate. This is nothing to fear. Cell regeneration
through the use of retinols is easy when using Environ, an industry leader in corrective skin care.
Speak with an esthetician during your next visit to Rescue Rittenhouse Spa to determine a plan of action to give you the skin YOU’VE always wanted.
Feel young, look younger!