We all want baby-soft skin, but what about baby hair? Babies have gorgeous (and natural!) subtle highlights. Fortunately #babylights are trending, and one of the best ways for grownups to steal the look!
Not sure if babylights are for you?
If you have very fine hair and want noticeable highlights but nothing as dramatic as ombré or as thick as balayage then babylights are the answer. The result is subtle but beautiful.
Still not sure?
Schedule an appointment with Barbarann Lathropp and she will help you achieve the color of your dreams.
Sun exposure without protection is the most damaging thing you can do to your skin. Here are some tips for a safe and fun time in the sun:
- Use a broad spectrum UVA (aging) UVB (burning) SPF of at least factor 30 every day. UV rays reflect, that’s why you need to wear sunscreen even while in the office, car, and shade.
- Reapply SPF often. Every 2-3 hours. Give your skin time to absorb sunscreen before exposure (about 15-30 minutes). Use liberally.
- Don’t forget your lips, neck, hands and all other exposed areas. Remember to wear a hat & sunglasses to prevent squinting and damage to your eyes.
- Avoid staying outdoors in peak sun hours 10am-3pm.
- Some medications & products (antibiotics, cortizone, retin-A, acids, etc) increase risk of UV damage. Check with your doctor.
- To get that sun kissed look we recommend applying self tanner before you go into the sun. James Read’s sleep mask is so convenient it works while you sleep!
- There is no such thing as a healthy tan. If you like a bronzed look do it gradually using Institut Esthederm Adaptasun Bronz Repair for face and body . It revs up melanin production while protecting from both UVA and UVB rays.
- After sun and swimming apply After Sun Repair and Huile Benefique to keep your skin hydrated. When you’re back from vacation be sure to use Tan Enhancing Lotion to prolong the glow you got from Adaptasun Bronz Repair!
- Your summer skincare routine should be simple. Switch to lighter serums and moisturizers such as Cellular Water Gel,Gel Adn Silkgen. Use multitasking products like French women favorites: Lait Concentrate by Embryolisse any time for face, hands, feet, and body. Exfoliate regularly to get rid of build up. Instead of mascara try an eyelash tint. Visit our salon for an instantly fresh look via a summer haircut & glaze. At home and on the go be sure to protect your tresses with Rene Furterer’s suncare line. Don’t forget about your brows. Forgo pencil in the summer and try a shape & tint for an effortless summer look. Strong brows & bright lips are in!
- Sit back, relax, let the good times roll. Make sure to enjoy this summer and take a vacation.
Esthetician and Owner of Rescue Spa, Danuta Mieloch