Rittenhouse Row VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT GUIDE 2015 | Our curated picks for the best Valentine’s Day gifts around
#1. RESCUE SPA 1601 Walnut Street, 3rd Floor. Share the gift of Rescue.
Pamper a loved one with a Rescue Spa gift certificate. Order online by choosing a service or a dollar amount and then instantly email the spa gift certificate to the recipient or download and print from your computer.
Beautifully packaged Spa Gift Cards are also available at the spa location. If you cannot visit but would still like to give a beautiful gift, Rescue recommends the download and print option. Insert the printed certificate into a thoughtful greeting card for a personal touch, drop it into a gift bag… et voila! The perfect and complete gift.
Honey Touch Body Cream $25. The spa also recommends this Honey Touch Body Cream. A combination of the ancient Ayurvedic ingredients of Himalayan Honey – the perfect skin softener, and Indian Rose for a relaxing effect on body and mind.
Photography: Alison Conklin
Being engaged comes with plenty of excitement, and one aspect many brides-to-be look forward to is their engagement shoot. It is very important to have the right makeup and hair for your engagement session. The photos look best when they look like ‘you’. But in case you’re still a little unsure of things, here are five tips to keep in mind when it’s picture time.
- Pick a good primer, I honestly believe that it is a very important step whenever I am doing makeup for a photo shoot or a wedding. It helps to even out the skin tone and works great as a base for the rest of the makeup. I really like to use a base like By Terry’s Brightening CC Lumi-Serum ($89.00) it comes in 4 different shades and offers luminosity and a beautiful glow to your complexion. It brightens your skin as well and gives a dewy finish to the overall look.
- Go full coverage. A foundation with full coverage, like Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($42), will cover just about everything. And if you’re worried about cake face, never fear. Heavy foundations like this were made with cameras in mind, and your photographer’s lens won’t be able to detect it.
- Be blushed and bronzed. These two products work together to make you look gorgeous, so leaving one out can make you look flat. Pick up your favorite blush, Chantecaille Playfull Cheek Creme Refill ($33.00) and start by sweeping the blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Then contour below the blush with the bronzer Compact Soleil Bronzer by Chantecaille ($45).
- Choose a good lipstick Chantecaille Hydra Chic ($35.00) that will last thought the photo shoot. I highly recommend something hydrating but still with some pigment. Your lipstick will make your lips look more fool and pop in the pictures. Feel free to add some lip gloss just to give your lips more volume and shine, By Terry Gloss Terrybly Shine ($44.50)
- Get a good blow out or loose curls. From your engagement party and bridal shower to your bachelorette party and rehearsal dinner, having a simple, go-to hairstyle that makes you look and feel great is key. You will feel pretty and like yourself! . We have two great hair stylist who specialize in blow outs and great hair styles ($45): Erica DiVario and Patty Gibbons
* Have some options for your wardrobe The primary guideline for both women and men is that you wear clothes that you love, that make you feel confident and comfortable.
Makeup Artist, Victoria Roggio
- Spread the love with a Rescue Spa Gift Certificate!
- Hydrating Lip Gloss in the name of “Love“
- Inedite, a sweet seduction of sugared almonds in harmony with vanilla or roses.
- RITUALS Honey Touch Body Cream Nourishing and relaxing body cream
- Nourish and repair lips with Biologique Recherche’s Biokiss
- By Terry Baume De Rose in Rosy Babe, a beauty box must have!
- By Terry Terrybly Gloss in Honeymoon Kiss, stimulates collagen with long lasting shine!
- Swoon worthy rose. Serge Lutens Sa Majeste Rose