✈️ jet set ready ✈️
by Diana Yerkes
I have been extremely lucky to continuously feed my passion for travel and I enjoy sharing stories from my adventures with the clients. One question that always comes up is how do I manage to keep my skin looking good and healthy while traveling. In this post, I would like to share my skincare secrets catered to frequent travelers’ needs.
When traveling, the skin can become rather dehydrated and flaky, not to mention that added stress associated with travel interrupts normal skin’s functions and leads to stubborn breakouts. To avoid that, my first tip is to always prepare your skin the night before.
STEP ONE: PREP
Treat yourself to a balancing masque such as Vivant by Biologique Recherche and apply an intense moisturizer to soothe and condition the skin. My moisturizer of choice is Dermopurifiante for its restorative and purifying properties.
STEP TWO: GO EASY ON MAKE UP
I advise to always travel with thoroughly clean and moisturized skin. Makeup is a no-go unless you are a fan of nasty breakouts.
STEP THREE: “BUILD YOUR OWN” SKIN EMERGENCY KIT
Travel smart with your skincare must-haves on hand. These are the products that I need to have in my kit at all times:
- Lait VIP O2 Cleanser
- Lotion P50 1970 Toner
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O Wipes
- L’eauxygenante Spray
- Heavy duty moisturizer such as Prime Regenera II
- Sunscreen. Jan Marini Physical Protectant SPF45 is a great option for porcelain skin admirers like myself. Institute Esthederm Photo Regulator Unifying Protecting Care is a great option for bronze skin lovers and it helps to ensure a consistent and harmonious tan safely.
- Morihata Binchotan Eye Sleeping Mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Comfy socks
STEP FOUR: BE EFFICIENT EN ROUTE
- Keep your skin and your body hydrated.
- Moisturize before the take-off and freshen up your skin with every hour while in flight. L’eauxygenate.
- Opt up for mineral water in lieu of a tropical cocktail.
- Apply lip treatment liberally. 3LAB Perfect Lips offers intense and long-lasting hydration and it is my lip balm of choice.
- Don’t forget your hands! Slather on hand cream such as Lippman Collection Rich Girl SPF25 for instant hydration and sun spots protection wile high in altitude and more exposed to damaging sun rays.
STEP FIVE: WAKE UP YOUR SKIN
Upon arrival, it is good to give your skin a thorough but gentle cleanse. I use Lait VIP O2 with a soft washcloth and I prefer to cleanse twice. Follow up with a thorough application of P50 1970 and a masque of your choice for 15-20 min. I choose to use a combination of Vivant with VIP O2 all over my face when I feel that my skin needs purifying. If flakiness/dullness is an issue, a massaging masque to improve microcirculation, such as Prime Renewing Pack by Valmont, is a life saver! Tip: Leave it overnight for an instant beauty boost.
STEP SIX: ADDRESS THE EYES
As a result of a long haul flight, we are left with puffy and tired looking eyes. I suggest to use eye contour gel masques, such Gold Energizing Eye Recovery Mask by Chantecaille or Cellcollagen Eye Treatment Mask by Cellcosmet,-it acts as an automatic wake up call.
STEP SEVEN: UNLEASH THE EXPLORER INSIDE YOU
Get out there and build on your experiences, try new things and be adventurous!
There you have it- with these simple steps you can arrive at your destination and enjoy your vacation with beautiful, glowing and well-rested skin!
Cheers to the adventurer in all of us,