When surgery isn’t an option for you , but loose skin is making you look older than you are… what should you do ? Microcurrent therapy is the most popular option. It is a type of non-surgical facelift which uses electricity to accelerate the production of collagen by improving facial and neck muscle tone. It also lifts the jowls and eyebrows. Microcurrent therapy produces the best results when followed by a home regimen that can produce effects of a facelift .
Some creams and serums also available on the market include Cellective Celllift serum with high performance active ingredients to help prevent facial micro-contraction (Botox like effects). Follow this serum with Cellective celllift cream or it also comes in a lighter version. These creams restore volume to the skin and correct cutaneous sagging jowls .
Let’s not forget about our eyes. For all signs of gravity and droopy eyelids try Valmont Serum Majestueux Vox Yeux prior to using any Valmont eye cream.
Microcurrent facials and these products are available at Rescue Spa.
by Edith Gondek
Among skin-care enthusiasts, Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 has a formidable reputation for its exfoliating powers — and an extremely stinky aroma. Formulated decades ago, the French toner contains a hyperspecific blend of lactic acid, onion extract and plankton that loyalists swear will clear up acne and render your skin silky smooth. If you can withstand the assault on your nose, that is.
“It has a distinct medicinal smell,” admits Danuta Mieloch of the famed lotion. The aesthetician and founder of Rescue Spas has been faithful to Biologique Recherche for 25 years, and calls its P50 ($27) a miracle potion. “It’s highly addictive because it helps to achieve healthy, glowing skin. You sort of can’t live without it.” While its stench is similar to vinegar or sour breast milk (depending on who you ask), Mieloch says, “Women go to extremes to maintain their skin. A little smell — it’s a small price to pay.”
Read the full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/26/t-magazine/good-beauty-products-bad-smell.html
Her craft is all about the ‘art of the genuine.’ –Thrive Global
1. Cleanse your skin thoroughly at night to take all the party makeup off. I recommend double cleansing to be extra thorough. My mom used to preach “If you don’t cleanse your skin at night you age 7 days faster.”
2. You only have one skin, look after it. Create a daily ritual of cleansing, layering your serums and moisturizing.
3. You only have one life, live it beautifully. Make time to relax, sleep, eat well, exercise, and have beautiful experiences.
It’s important to take special care of your skin in the winter. Here are a few things you can do to keep skin moist and healthy all season long…
- Use a humidifier when the air is dry.
- Put moisturizer and oil on your body immediately after bathing.
Create a ritual of applying oils like Body Oxygenant followed by MSRH Corps.
- Wear natural fibers, such as cotton and silk, because they allow your skin to breathe.
- Cover up when the air is dry, to hold moisture in.
- Focus on proper nutrition and drinking plenty of water.
- Avoid things that trigger allergic reactions. Use detergent free of dyes and perfumes.
- Mature and drier skin types should apply and reapply moisturizer to lock in moisture.
- Let’s not forget hands (telltale sign of age). Apply hand cream and cuticle oil often.
- Don’t forget to wear gloves while doing home chores and while outdoors.
- Practice a good skincare regimen:
- Dry skin can happen at any age, but it’s most likely a concern if you’re 50 or older. This is because the glands that make oil for your skin get smaller as you age and produce less. Many popular soaps and cleansers “clean” your skin by removing oil. This strips the skin, which often causes dryness or breakouts to worsen. At Rescue we always recommend a gentle milky cleanser like Lait VIP o2. Use with a washcloth to buff away dry flaky skin and reveal the fresh skin that lies beneath. Washcloths are super gentle on the skin and most importantly, they don’t cost much. 🙂
Once your skin is properly cleansed it is extremely important to balance the pH of your skin. Our favorite product for this step is Lotion P50 1970.During the winter I personally use P50 1970 at night and P50W in the daytime (this gentler formula is fantastic for winter). *A reminder to the health conscious: all Biologique Recherche products are paraben-free and safe to use.
After you’ve applied P50 follow with a hylarounic acid based serum to keep skin plump, hydrated and, yes, looking younger! Babies are born with a high level of hyaluronic acid, which keeps their skin plump and smooth. Unfortunately, the amount of hyaluronic acid in skin diminishes with age, most significantly after age 40. While it may not be possible to maintain perfectly dewy baby-skin, these serums help to restore the skin’s hyaluronic acid content. Applied topically hyaluronic acid increases hydration, improves elasticity, and reverses free radical damage. All skin types, even oily, will benefit from using hyaluronic acid serum. *For those who get injectables it prolongs the plumping effect.
Layer! Winter skincare is like your winter wardrobe, it’s all about layers! I always layer my serums, starting with the lightest texture and finishing with the thickest. Here is my current mix of serums and creams for daytime: Amniotique, Le Grand Serum, Yall o2, Creme Dermo RL, and Fluide VIP O2.
Your evening routine is another story. Winter is time to bust out the big game changers like MBR’s liquid surgery serum, followed by MBR Extraordinary Cream. Mind you I’m over 50 and the names alone provide a feel-good-factor (I’ll take liquid surgery anytime, no pain or risk involved).
For younger gals I suggest Environ’s Cquence 3 serum. It’s packed with peptides, vitamins, and retinol to address antiaging in one simple step.
I also highly recommend keeping the skin challenged by alternating your regimen every other night. Currently I’m alternating MBR Extraordinary cream with BR Le Grand Creme (*available in January).
For a dry skin solution I love Vintners Daughter Active Botanical Serum – a clean beauty favorite of celebrities. It has a loyal following for good reason. This cult product is a powerful sustainably crafted oil that delivers skin all the essentials, moisture, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants.
Valmont Regenera II is another winter staple. It’s a rich cream-balm that solves dry skin, lips, cuticles, patches, etc. Love… love… love!
Rescue Spa Facials are always geared to problem solve. Whether it’s dry skin, brown spots, redness, irritation, or inflamed acne, Rescue Facials are always customized to focus on what your skin needs. With the right combination of products and high-tech tools, our estheticians can really create change in the skin over time to help you achieve your greatest complexion.
- Last but not least. Cold weather is the best time to develop healthy rituals and ceremonies. Taking care of my skin is a daily practice.
Create your own magic, have fun in your mini beauty apothecary ….
Light a candle….
Take a bath…
Get cozy in slippers and wrap up in cashmere …..
Practice self love, cultivate wellbeing, sing, dance and feel like a goddess ….
Happy Winter :)))
Rescue Spa Founder,