Photography: Alison Conklin
Being engaged comes with plenty of excitement, and one aspect many brides-to-be look forward to is their engagement shoot. It is very important to have the right makeup and hair for your engagement session. The photos look best when they look like ‘you’. But in case you’re still a little unsure of things, here are five tips to keep in mind when it’s picture time.
- Pick a good primer, I honestly believe that it is a very important step whenever I am doing makeup for a photo shoot or a wedding. It helps to even out the skin tone and works great as a base for the rest of the makeup. I really like to use a base like By Terry’s Brightening CC Lumi-Serum ($89.00) it comes in 4 different shades and offers luminosity and a beautiful glow to your complexion. It brightens your skin as well and gives a dewy finish to the overall look.
- Go full coverage. A foundation with full coverage, like Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($42), will cover just about everything. And if you’re worried about cake face, never fear. Heavy foundations like this were made with cameras in mind, and your photographer’s lens won’t be able to detect it.
- Be blushed and bronzed. These two products work together to make you look gorgeous, so leaving one out can make you look flat. Pick up your favorite blush, Chantecaille Playfull Cheek Creme Refill ($33.00) and start by sweeping the blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Then contour below the blush with the bronzer Compact Soleil Bronzer by Chantecaille ($45).
- Choose a good lipstick Chantecaille Hydra Chic ($35.00) that will last thought the photo shoot. I highly recommend something hydrating but still with some pigment. Your lipstick will make your lips look more fool and pop in the pictures. Feel free to add some lip gloss just to give your lips more volume and shine, By Terry Gloss Terrybly Shine ($44.50)
- Get a good blow out or loose curls. From your engagement party and bridal shower to your bachelorette party and rehearsal dinner, having a simple, go-to hairstyle that makes you look and feel great is key. You will feel pretty and like yourself! . We have two great hair stylist who specialize in blow outs and great hair styles ($45): Erica DiVario and Patty Gibbons
* Have some options for your wardrobe The primary guideline for both women and men is that you wear clothes that you love, that make you feel confident and comfortable.
Makeup Artist, Victoria Roggio