“My skincare routine has changed since I shot my Top Shelf, for sure! One of the biggest changes was that I started using all Biologique Recherche. I have this girlfriend Hayley, at her house we would always inevitably end up drinking wine, and after three glasses of wine she was like, ‘Come into the bathroom, we’re doing a facial!’ And she’d always give me these Biologique facials with all these serums, and the moisturizer, all of it. I’d wake up in the morning with a slight hangover but my skin would be amazing! Eventually I took the plunge and got the whole regimen. My favorite trick is to use the Masque Vivant combined with the Masque VIP. I mix it in my hand with baking soda. A facialist told me about that, and it works. Then I use the Biologique toner, cleanser, and serum.
I’m just obsessed with anything skincare, so if someone has something that I don’t have I’m like, ‘Ooh, what’s that?’ One of my other girlfriends had the Ziip-of course I picked it up. I started using it, and it’s amazing. Like, it actually is amazing. It does work. I have all the gadgets-I have the LED mask, I have it all. I use them when I’m watching TV.
I use Oribe shampoo and conditioner. For the luxe of it all. To be honest, [my hair] is a little temperamental. But when I’m in a good environment, like when I’m at home or when I’m driving, my hair dries really well. I just tuck it under my ears, and it dries in this sort of wavy, sort of straight way. But if it’s not in the right environment and I let it dry naturally, it will be so frizzy. If I just go straight outside or for a walk or something, my hair will get frizzy. So I try to be inside and let it dry. It can be wavy, but it can also be quite frizzy and poofy, which I actually sometimes like. Because it makes me feel like I’m in an 80’s rom-com. I have a straightener and a blow dryer, but I don’t really use them much. Except when I’m in a really big rush and don’t want to wait and see if my hair dries nice or not, I’ll blow dry it properly and straighten it. One thing I learned is called the preemptive dry shampoo. So even when your hair is clean, the night before you go to bed, you put dry shampoo in. And the you wake up and it’s got a good texture. So I do that sometimes. It helps that I have a silk pillowcase, but I’m also too messy and I drool all over it [Laughs].” –Phoebe Tonkin as told to Into The Gloss
A complete daily skincare regimen is the best way to achieve healthy, balanced, and glowing skin. Watch this Youtube video to as Rescue esthetician Joanna Kula shows us how it’s done!
Cleanse: “Any good skincare regime begins with proper cleansing. I advise everyone to develop a cleansing ritual, which will serve as the necessary foundation of good skincare. Without it, you simply cannot achieve healthy, beautiful skin. Everyone can benefit from using a mild cleanser like Biologique Recherche Lait U. ” –Danuta Mieloch, Rescue Spa Founder
Tone and Exfoliate: “A cult favorite, Biologique Recherche’s P50 1970 is a magic potion that does it all. It exfoliates, hydrates and balances the pH of the skin and it’s a prep step before any skincare. For those of you who prefer granule exfoliators over acidic formulas, opt for Valmont Face Scrub and massage gently into skin to slough off that layer of dead skin cells.” – DM
Plump, lift and hydrate: “Serums are the most potent elixirs, lighter in texture with deeper penetration than creams, and they are great for replenishing. They can also extend the life of injectables by replenishing moisture on the outer layer.” – DM
Moisturize: “All skin types need hydration and a moisturizer. A good moisturizer shields and protects your skin from harmful daily aggressors to keep it young and supple. It’s like wearing stockings in the winter; very sheer yet protective. Don’t forget to use eye cream and moisturize your entire body, too.” – DM
Protection: “Don’t forget to use SPF daily!”– DM
“Every morning I start with the Biologique Recherche Lait VIP O2 on my dry skin and then I hop in the shower. I don’t like to put hot water on my face, so I’ll just let it hang on until I rinse off with cool water at the end.”
“At night, I mix the Biologique Recherche Masque Vivant and Masque VIP O2. That shows you how crazy I am—if you tell me to use the mask every night, I use the mask every damn night. I mix a dollop of each in my hand, go to my fridge and put baking soda in it and mix that together and put it on my face while watching TV or doing the dishes or whatever. Then I rinse it off and use Lotion P50 and maybe one of their serums that come in these cute little science-looking bottles.” -Alexis Page
Read the full article on Into The Gloss
Here are several simple steps to keep feeling and looking your best all year long…
Reinforce your skincare routine:
- Cleanse twice a day it’s essential for healthy skin.
- Exfoliate. Get rid of old skin to reveal fresh skin cells.
- Try RESCUE favorite Lotion P50 “1970” containing Lactic Acid. Recommended to use twice a day. Or use Valmont ‘s fine grain exfoliant twice a week.
- Stay loyal to retinol. Trends in skincare come and go Vitamin A derivative retinol has been proven to stimulate collagen, reduce wrinkles, and prevent breakouts. WARNING: Do not use retinol before waxing and make sure to wear SPF.
- Moisturize like a pro. Smooth on free radical fighting antioxidant serum, my favorite is DNA Repair by Valmont. Followed by a hydrating moisturizer. I recommend 24 hour cream.
- DIY Facial. Take some time to add a mask to your routine, twice weekly. Rescue cult classic Mask Vivant is like nutrition power pack for the skin. Renewing Pack is our favorite for a skin thirst quencher.
- Protect your skin. Our skin is under constant assault; pollution, UV rays, and the elements. So protect it during the day with an adequate UVA & UVB sunscreen. Making sure you apply a serum underneath, like Fluide VIP O2. You don’t want sunscreen directly on your skin. Also make sure to remove sunscreen at night… you don’t want those chemicals falling asleep with you.
Drink Plenty of Water!
- Dehydrated skin is old looking skin. Boo, who wants that? Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Try an at home Rescue favorite by infusing with lemon & lime or orange, cucumber, and mint.
- Revamp your routine. Keep your blood flowing. Try new classes at yoga. Try new sports like tennis, swimming, or racketball.
- My favorite skin enhancers are avocado, flax seed, chia seeds, nuts, fatty fish (think salmon), berries, lean protein and vegetables.
- Avoid processed foods, white flour, soft drinks, and fast food.
Update your makeup bag.
- Our skin is forever changing what worked previously may not be the best makeup for you going forward. Try different foundation, our RESCUE favorite is the L’Elixir des Glaciers Teint Precieux. It’s like a skincare enhancer with precieux serum and a self adjusting coverage. This is way beyond any bb cream out there.
- Experiment. Try new colors.
- Make sure your eyebrows are beautifully shaped. It looks like this year is still going to be all about brows and lashes. Try Revitalash and Revitabrow for the healthiest, fullest, lashes and brows imaginable.
Update your wardrobe
- This year different patterns and textures work together. Experiment with what’s already in your wardrobe. Dig out some patterns you’d never thought you’d wear together and go for it. Borrow mom’s and grandma’s old clothes for a retro revival. It makes dressing up fun!
Happy New Year to everyone!
Are you stuck in a beauty rut as the new year approaches? Have you been using the same moisturizer and eye cream forever? It’s time for a change, change is never easy but it’s worth a try. We all have 2 shampoos and conditioners because we believe we need to switch things up. Same goes for skincare. I alternate two or three face creams and eye creams most of the time. As our skin is forever changing sometimes we need more hydration, I like Regenetic. Other times we need more treatment, then I go to Retinol and Vitamin C creams by Environ. If you’re unsure how to make a change please check in for a free consultation with a Rescue aesthetician. Happy New Year and always remember ‘Beautiful Skin is a matter of choice, not chance.’