- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
Tagsacne Anti-Aging Best Facial Philadelphia Best Of Philadelphia Best of Philly Best of Philly Facial biologique recherche Biologique Recherche P50 Cellcosmet chantecaille Dana Mieloch Danuta Mieloch eMatrix Environ Esthetician Linda Harding facial Glowing Skin Institut Esthederm Jan Marini Linda Harding Manicure Nail Art p50 P50 "1970" Pedicure Philadelphia Facial philadelphia magazine Philadelphia Manicure Philadelphia Spa Refirme Rescue Rittenhouse Spa Rescue Spa Rescue Spa Philadelphia Rescue Spa Philly Rittenhouse Spa Sally Man Shop Rescue Spa skincare skincare tips SPF Sun Protection Sunscreen valmont Valmont Skincare victoria roggio
Thank you for all of your support! We are so honored to be named Philly.Com Readers’ Choice 2015 WINNER for BEST FACIAL!
Jessica Corrigan wears Dandy Blossom by Essie; Micheux Jordan wears Cake Pop by Vinylux; Kelly Collana wears Creekside by Vinylux; Aggie Otrebska wears Sunbleached by Vinylux on her nails. Manicures courtesy of Kelly Collana of Rescue Spa, 1601 Walnut St., 215-772-2766, www.rescuespa.net.
Stark-white blouson jumpsuits and pretty floral skirt-and-midriff-top suits call for so much more than a plain old nude nail this summer.
Saturated pastels – think cotton-candy pink, grass green, sky blue, lilac purple, and even milkshake white – on short, squarish nails pop against quiet palettes. The more opaque your shade of sherbet is, the better.
Where’s it come from?
Shortly after first lady Michelle Obama kicked off the greige nail obsession during the 2012 Democratic National Convention, women moved away from candy apple red and clear polishes en masse.
In recent years, advancements in manicure technology – ultraviolet gel systems and quick-drying polishes – have eliminated nicks and cracks. As a result, we’ve gone hard on color. Even the most conservative of us experimented with deep cobalts, navys, and blacks in the fall.
Influential designers from Wes Gordon to Misha Nonoo directed stylists to use chalky hues on the nails of models sent down the spring 2015 runways, complementing the pale jumpsuits and pantsuits they were wearing.
And in April, Obama paired a soft blue nail with a Monique Lhuillier watercolor coat-and-dress ensemble to welcome the Japanese prime minister and his wife to the White House – working her influential nail magic once again.
Who’s wearing it?
Ladies eager to add personality to their neutrals while standing out in a quiet way. Actress Zoe Saldana has been spotted in white nails, singer Lady Gaga recently went with violet, and actress Megan Fox has been known to prefer periwinkle.
Would Elizabeth wear it?
Even as I type this, my nails are a cool shade of key-lime-pie green.
Should you wear it?
Absolutely. Ice-cream-color hues make fingertips quietly fierce. And don’t be afraid to treat the lighter hues as a neutral. In other words, a light-pink or yellow nail will not at all clash with your orange shirtdress.
Read more at: http://www.philly.com/philly/
- Spray scalp with Lotion P50 Capillaire.
- Mix 2 tsp of Masque Biologique Capillaire with 1 tsp of Huile Benefique, apply to your hair avoiding roots. Leave on for 20-25 min.
- Wash out with the BR Shampoo best suited to your needs.
Click here to Vote now through June 22nd: http://www.phillymag.com/votebop/
1. Prepare the skin with a thorough cleansing. We suggest massaging lait vip o2 onto dry skin (over makeup) for about a minute. Splash. Remove with a warm wet wash cloth or a konjac sponge (replace monthly). Repeat for a double cleanse.
2. Gently exfoliate with a scrub such as Cellcomset’s Dual Exfoliant. Massage onto dampened skin with light circular movements for 2-3 minutes to activate enzymes.
3. Tone/Hydrate/Balance/Lightly Peel the skin with P50 1970. Spend extra time with a P50 1970 soaked cotton round, being sure to tap inward and upward with light mechanical motions. This movement ensures proper delivery of the product deep into the epidermis. *You may notice a bit of tingling and pinkness which is perfectly normal.
4. Mask. 10-20 min.
- Oily/Acne Prone Skin Types: Choose Mask Vivant for deep pore cleansing, dissolving blackheads, and keeping breakouts at bay… it’s also very anti-aging. It’s not your typical clay mask, rather it’s a probiotic mask and also gives the skin a great glow.
- Combination Skin Types: Spot treat oily areas with Mask Vivant and dry or normal areas with Mask VIP O2 (even over the eye area). It’s hydrating and oxygenating. Anti-aging and antipollution!
- Dry Skin: Opt for Creme Masque Vernix. It gives the skin a “second birth”.
6. Swap your heavy moisturizer for something lightweight such as Gel ADN Silkgen.
*Very dry skin types: try layering Serum silk plus on top of the Gel ADN Silkgen.
7. Protect. SPF daily! By now we all know how important this step is. Sun exposure is the number one cause of aging and damage to the skin.
Switch your makeup for something lighter such as the By Terry Cellularose CC Cream. For a lit from within rosy glow opt for a gel blush such as By Terry’s Cellularose Blush Glace. Add a swipe of By Terry Hyaluronic Rouge Lipstick across the lips for a spring forward look that is perfectly fresh and pretty!
The power of ReFa lies in its expertly designed beauty technology. ReFa is revolutionizing skin care by helping to achieve firmer, more toned, beautiful skin.
“Made in Japan, major in Korea! This device is designed to replicate the gentle pinching and kneading sensation that an aesthetician might include in a treatment. These actions stimulate your skin and the muscles below and increase circulation. It is platinum coated & the current carrying bearings within the rollers transfer microcurrent to your skin. Think DIY daily biolift! Oh and it’s solar powered.”
Solar or indoor light is converted into microcurrent: Our bodies naturally carry a low electrical current that helps regulate circulation and contributes to skin’s overall healthy appearance. As we age, the skin’s natural current diminishes causing skin to lose some of its luster and glow. It is designed to help recharge your skin. Applying the ReFa to your face or body allows these microcurrents to transfer to your skin and help stimulate circulation. Using your ReFa daily can help improve skin’s tone, firmness, elasticity, and give you an overall more youthful, refreshed glow.
ReFa’s microcurrents are produced entirely from solar energy. So you can take your ReFa with you anywhere and never have to replace batteries or plug in to charge. The small solar panel located on the top of the roller handle absorbs sunlight or indoor light and converts it into a low level current that is emitted through the rollers to your beautiful skin.
Massaging motion, Rolling stimulation: ReFa’s three-dimensional design was developed to replicate the same feelings you might experience getting a massage or special treatment in a spa or Aesthetician’s office. The rollers work together to carefully massage skin while the handle allows you to control pressure. With the ReFa you can enjoy this type of treatment in the comfort of your own home or wherever you might find yourself needing to relax, recharge, and rejuvenate your skin.
The ReFa CARAT is designed to replicate the gentle pinching and kneading sensation that an Aesthetician might include as part of your treatment. These actions stimulate your skin and the muscles below and increase circulation. The ReFa CARAT works on your body such as:
- Jaw line
- Inner thigh
Platinum coating protects your skin and the ReFa: Designed with you in mind. Not only does it feel wonderful and produce excellent results, it’s made to last. In fact, the entire surface of the rollers is platinum coated to be both acid and heat resistant and protect your delicate skin. And it’s completely waterproof so you can add a relaxing ReFa treatment to make your shower or bath a truly spa-like experience.
- Made in Japan.
- Solar powered.
- Approximately 38 uA microcurrents (same as the human body).
- Platinum (Pt) coating, ABS resin, brass, acrylic, silicone rubber, elastomer, stainless steel, nylon.
- Instruction booklet, pouch, cleaning cloth included.
- Size: 92 x 147 x 61 mm
*Also available: ReFa Body, ReFa S Carat (mini), and Refa High Tension Sheet Masks