dealing with acne on your body…
It’s already hard enough when you have to deal with acne on your face, but dealing with acne on your body is another story.
For some of us, skin breakouts can be more far reaching than the face, influencing bigger territories of the body. It normally happens on the back, midsection, neck, shoulders, and upper arms. We spend most of our AM and PM skincare regmen concentrating on the face, neck and décolletage. It is time we start paying attention to our back and work on getting the skin on our back “summer-ready”.
Back acne, simply called bacne, can be very hard to fix. There are a lot of products that are acne fighting and work really really well on the face, but your back does not respond as well to them. Even though the root causes of blemishes are basically the same in both places (face and back), the skin on your face is very different from the skin on your back. The skin on the back is thicker than the skin on the face which means the back is more resilient, can handle stronger treatments and exfoliants that would be considered too harsh for the face.
Here are some of my favorite products that are more specialized and easy to use.
- Biologique Recherche P50 Corps – the gentle retexturizing formula is great for eradicating pores, smoothing away rough patches, and boosting hydration levels. It balances skin PH and regulates oil production,-perfect for treating your back and the whole body.
- Gounjae Charcoal Sulfur Soap – amazing handcrafted bar soap from South Korea. Charcoal sulfur soap targets oily and troubled skin.
- Environ B-Active Sebuwash Cleanser – a foaming, gel cleanser that gently removes excess oils and environmental debris without drying the skin. Great for oily, problematic and congested skins and with the help of Tea Tree oil and Salicilic Acid it’s perfect for combating stubborn blemishes on your body.
- Environ Multivitamin Body Moisturiser – with high concentration of Vitamin A, C and E and antioxidants, leaves skin revitalized, radiant, even toned and smooth.
- Environ Dermalac Lotion – contains AHAs for use on rough, congested skin.
- Baudelaire Cedar Bath Brush – perfect,100% boar-bristles whole body brush that stimulates circulation and speeds up acne healing.
- Morihata Binchotan Charcoal Body Scrub Towel – removes toxins and excess oil and leaves the skin revitalized and refreshed.
- Aquis Exfoliating Back Scrubber – helps improve skin texture and reduces bacne. It deep cleans and polishes that hard to reach back side, improves circulation and skin tone, all while removing impurities.
- Lightstim for Acne – soothes, heals and prevents new acne from forming while healing existing breakouts.
Quick Lifestyle Tips:
- The shorter the time between exercising and showering, the better for your skin. No shower access, no problem. Sensibio H2O Wipes by Bioderma are awesome for cleansing on the go.
- Wear loose, breathable, clean clothes.
- Use mild, fragrance-free detergents.
- Clean up your diet and remember to hydrate.
A combination of these products and tools will leave bacne no chance!
Cheers to clear skin,