“Avoid eating airplane food, because all that salt will make you puffy. Think nutrition, and bring fruit with you. Apples and oranges help replenish your body’s fluids. Once you land, do a mini-facial: double cleanse with a milky cleanser, exfoliate with Biologique Recherche Lotion p50, and then layer serums while massaging your face. You want to get the circulation going all over your body. I try to do headstands, or you can just lie down on your back with your legs propped up against the wall. It’s terrific. It’s a quick revival and you’re ready to go out.” —Danuta Mieloch, Founder of Rescue Spa
Cleanse and Cleanse Again
As a first step, skin-care experts agree that cleansing and toning should never be skipped (or rushed) at night. Danuta Mieloch, the facialist and founder of Rescue Spa, swears by a double-cleanse with Biologique Recherche USA’s Lait U using a muslin cloth to remove any last traces of makeup.
For toner, both Mieloch and Czech use Biologique Recherche P50, which “exfoliates, hydrates and balances the pH of the skin,” Mieloch says.
Personalize Your Serum
Next, according to all of the facialists we polled: an overnight serum. These concentrated liquids contain the highest doses of nutrients, and facialists often combine them to create customized, targeted tinctures.
Lastly, moisturize — and moisturize some more — since the body’s natural hydration levels dip at night. Finish with a rich cream; Mieloch is partial to MBR Skincare Cream Extraordinary ($369) , spiked with ultra-hydrating lanolin and light-reflective gold particles to subtly conceal any imperfections.
“I never thought this masque would be suitable for oil-prone skin at my age, but, recently, I was pleasantly surprised to discover other wise. In this post I would like to focus on the benefits of adding this masque creme to a regimen.”
Masque Creme Biofixine is one of the earliest products from the Biologique Recherche line, a lifting and brightening masque that can be used in so many ways! I never thought this masque would be suitable for oil-prone skin at my age, but, recently, I was pleasantly surprised to discover other wise. In this post I would like to focus on the benefits of adding this masque creme to a regimen.
Biologique Recherche Masque Creme Biofixine is a toning anti-wrinkle treatment, both a mask and a cream. It is an innovative multifunctional product that tones and smoothes the epidermis, improves skin elasticity, helps unify the texture of the skin and prevent visible signs of aging. It features a re-plumping effect and leaves the skin feeling wonderfully soothed.The grape seed oil and green anise extract help fight free radicals while the white clay purifies. This BR oxygenating complex brings life back to your skin.
Here’s how I use it as a masque: After cleansing my face with the Lait Vip O2 and a thorough application of P50 1970, I follow up with an MC110 booster in the areas that need some extra attention. I prefer to apply the Masque Creme Biofixine all over my face, neck and décolletage in a thin layer and let it work it’s magic! 20-30 minutes should be sufficient. Then I remove it with a damp cloth and follow up with Fluide VIPO2 for more glowing skin. Before an event or after a long night out, I recommend leaving the masque on for up to 2 hours for extra purifying and plumping benefits.
Here’s how to use it as a cream: Application is the same as above but this time I make sure to apply a very thin layer on and massage it upwards until it is completely absorbed. The next morning, my skin is visibly brighter, smoother and awake! I like to use Masque Creme Biofixine as a cream after a grueling and exhausting day or a long-haul flight. You should try it this way too!
Masque Creme Biofixine is on the pricier side of products, but, in my opinion, it is worth every penny! Try it for yourself and discover why I consider this masque a favorite and call it the best route to beautiful and glowing skin!
Rescue Spa NYC Lead Esthetician,
Watch Rescue Spa and Biologique Recherche’s Facebook Live Session with Danuta that discusses
Transitioning from Spring to Summer Skincare with a Focus on Acne.
Here are several simple steps to keep feeling and looking your best all year long…
Reinforce your skincare routine:
- Cleanse twice a day it’s essential for healthy skin.
- Exfoliate. Get rid of old skin to reveal fresh skin cells.
- Try RESCUE favorite Lotion P50 “1970” containing Lactic Acid. Recommended to use twice a day. Or use Valmont ‘s fine grain exfoliant twice a week.
- Stay loyal to retinol. Trends in skincare come and go Vitamin A derivative retinol has been proven to stimulate collagen, reduce wrinkles, and prevent breakouts. WARNING: Do not use retinol before waxing and make sure to wear SPF.
- Moisturize like a pro. Smooth on free radical fighting antioxidant serum, my favorite is DNA Repair by Valmont. Followed by a hydrating moisturizer. I recommend 24 hour cream.
- DIY Facial. Take some time to add a mask to your routine, twice weekly. Rescue cult classic Mask Vivant is like nutrition power pack for the skin. Renewing Pack is our favorite for a skin thirst quencher.
- Protect your skin. Our skin is under constant assault; pollution, UV rays, and the elements. So protect it during the day with an adequate UVA & UVB sunscreen. Making sure you apply a serum underneath, like Fluide VIP O2. You don’t want sunscreen directly on your skin. Also make sure to remove sunscreen at night… you don’t want those chemicals falling asleep with you.
Drink Plenty of Water!
- Dehydrated skin is old looking skin. Boo, who wants that? Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Try an at home Rescue favorite by infusing with lemon & lime or orange, cucumber, and mint.
- Revamp your routine. Keep your blood flowing. Try new classes at yoga. Try new sports like tennis, swimming, or racketball.
- My favorite skin enhancers are avocado, flax seed, chia seeds, nuts, fatty fish (think salmon), berries, lean protein and vegetables.
- Avoid processed foods, white flour, soft drinks, and fast food.
Update your makeup bag.
- Our skin is forever changing what worked previously may not be the best makeup for you going forward. Try different foundation, our RESCUE favorite is the L’Elixir des Glaciers Teint Precieux. It’s like a skincare enhancer with precieux serum and a self adjusting coverage. This is way beyond any bb cream out there.
- Experiment. Try new colors.
- Make sure your eyebrows are beautifully shaped. It looks like this year is still going to be all about brows and lashes. Try Revitalash and Revitabrow for the healthiest, fullest, lashes and brows imaginable.
Update your wardrobe
- This year different patterns and textures work together. Experiment with what’s already in your wardrobe. Dig out some patterns you’d never thought you’d wear together and go for it. Borrow mom’s and grandma’s old clothes for a retro revival. It makes dressing up fun!
Happy New Year to everyone!