BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE PROTECTION U.V. SPF 25+
“All SPF is not created equal. Be sure to protect your epidermis from the harmful effects of UVA & UVB rays.”
Thanks to the synergy of 100% natural non-nanoparticulate mineral filters and innovative plant-based active ingredients, Protection U.V. cream helps protect the epidermis from the harmful effects of UVA, UVB, and infrared rays. Furthermore, this formula rich in anti-aging, soothing, anti-spot and moisturizing active ingredients helps prevent skin aging and dehydration.
Recommended for all Skin Types exposed to UV and infrared rays.
Apply generously to the entire face, neck and décolleté before sun exposure.
As it’s getting warmer outside, our skin is becoming a lot more vulnerable to the sun. During this time of year, my goal as a beauty professional is to educate every single client on the importance of sun protection and raise awareness around skin cancer.
In case you didn’t know, here are some of the major benefits of SPF:
1. Studies show sunscreen decreases the development of skin cancer
2. It helps to prevent hyperpigmentation and reduces blotchiness
3. Sunscreen slows down the development of premature aging skin (I may not have enjoyed the cloudy Seattle weather, but living there, I learned one big beauty lesson: sun damage is the biggest contributor.
It is important to protect your skin from both UVA and UVB radiation. Ultraviolet A causes premature aging and wrinkling of the skin and ultraviolet B is linked to the development of skin cancer and melanoma. These are some of the reasons to choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects both from UVA and UVB rays. I prefer physical sunscreens (also called mineral sunscreens) that contain Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. These provide some of the most comprehensive coverage and work by deflecting the sun radiation from your skin and are often referred to as physical blockers.
Chemical sunscreens are wildly available to consumers as well with Avobenzone, Oxybenzone and Homosalate as some of the most common ingredients. Chemical sunscreens act as absorbers and create a chemical reaction and work by changing UV rays into heat and releasing that heat from the skin.
Physical sunscreens offer protection against both rays and protect from the sun as soon as it’s applied, last longer in direct UV light and are less likely to clog the pores. Chemical sunscreens tend to be much thinner and with such a formula it’s easier to add additional treatment ingredients such as peptides and enzymes. It is up to you as a consumer to pick the one that works best for your lifestyle.
Regardless of your choice, here are some of my favorites:
- Jan Marini Physical Protectant SPF 45
- Biologique Recherche Protection U.V. (SPF 25+)
- 3lab Hydra Day SPF 20
- 3lab Perfect Lite Sunscreen SPF 30 (ideal for even the most sensitive skin and children 6mo+)
Other sun protection tips to remember:
- Protect your lips by using lip balm or lipstick that contains SPF 30 or higher
- Reapply sunscreen to your entire body every 2 hours if out in the sun
- Wear sunglasses with 100% UV absorption to protect your eyes and the surrounding skin
- Limit your sun exposure between 10AM and 4PM
- Do not use tanning beds
Enjoy the sun responsibly,