When surgery isn’t an option for you , but loose skin is making you look older than you are… what should you do ? Microcurrent therapy is the most popular option. It is a type of non-surgical facelift which uses electricity to accelerate the production of collagen by improving facial and neck muscle tone. It also lifts the jowls and eyebrows. Microcurrent therapy produces the best results when followed by a home regimen that can produce effects of a facelift .
Some creams and serums also available on the market include Cellective Celllift serum with high performance active ingredients to help prevent facial micro-contraction (Botox like effects). Follow this serum with Cellective celllift cream or it also comes in a lighter version. These creams restore volume to the skin and correct cutaneous sagging jowls .
Let’s not forget about our eyes. For all signs of gravity and droopy eyelids try Valmont Serum Majestueux Vox Yeux prior to using any Valmont eye cream.
Microcurrent facials and these products are available at Rescue Spa.
by Edith Gondek
Spring is finally here… at the moment my skin is a bit drier given the cold weather we’ve had in Philadelphia. This seems like the best time to have a facial treatment. It’s the easiest way to exfoliate and rejuvenate a post winter complexion. So I decided to create the Spring Skin Perfector Facial.
We start with a thorough cleansing followed by microdermabrasion to cleanse and smooth the pores and a customized peel for your skin’s needs is applied afterwards. Microcurrent lifting and remodeling will accentuate your cheekbones, smooth out your wrinkles, and define your jawline. Finished off with LED therapy for rejuvenating your skin on a cellular level. The perfect way to welcome spring!
For those of us at home a DIY facial is a sure way to exfoliate and rehydrate your skin. Here are the basic and effective steps:
- I recommend Lait U for cleansing. It’s a gentle cleanser that softens and rehydrates the skin.
- P50 1970 instantly exfoliates, balances, and revives your complexion.
- Mask VIP O2 takes about 5-15 minutes to penetrate and leaves your skin silky and even toned.
- My go-to product is Renewing Pack. Valmont has newly reformulated this classic for even better performance. This multitasker is like a thirst quencher, moisturizer, mask, makeup base, in flight skin saver… use it any way you like, you can never go wrong!
- Silk Plus Serum gives you instant hydration, can be applied before or after your moisturizer for a satin finish. I like to mix it with my foundation for an even more sheer and glowing application.
- UVA/UVB Broad spectrum sunscreen becomes even more important in the long spring days.
I am really excited to announce our brand new high technology treatments. (Be sure to check out our Spring Laser Specials).
- Sublime: Firming, rejuvenating, radio frequency, skin tightening treatment. Targeting saggy jawlines, droopy eyelids, and aging necks. It works amazingly without the downtime providing cumulative long lasting results. I recommend a series of 3.
- New and Improved IPL Photofacial: Less pain, more results. Targeting sun damage, brown spots, capillaries, and enlarged pores.
- Virtually painless Permanent Hair Removal: It’s amazing how much technology has improved. My first laser experience required Novacaine and a shot of vodka before & after. These days you can read your magazine while your hair vanishes.
- Velashape III: Already staple in cellulite reduction this number III edition works magic. Virtually melts the fat away while firming your saggy skin. Great for thighs, buttocks, and stomach.
Spring is an exciting time to get out there and exercise. It produces happy endorphins and we need them after this winter. It’s also a terrific time to start eating better. I’ll share one of my breakfast tips. I soak overnight chia seeds in almond milk in the morning I’ll add blueberries, goji berries, coconut flakes, and raisins. This power breakfast fuels you for the entire morning.