Four years after moving to its current digs, Rescue Spa has expanded its single-chair salon to a full-blown operation with a roster of new stylists. Note: This is one of the only salons in town offering the cult-favorite Okara oil color treatment, which protects and preserves color-treated locks.
1601 Walnut Street, third floor, Rittenhouse.
*As seen in Philadelphia Magazine, September 2017 issue
We all want baby-soft skin, but what about baby hair? Babies have gorgeous (and natural!) subtle highlights. Fortunately #babylights are trending, and one of the best ways for grownups to steal the look!
Not sure if babylights are for you?
If you have very fine hair and want noticeable highlights but nothing as dramatic as ombré or as thick as balayage then babylights are the answer. The result is subtle but beautiful.
Still not sure?
Schedule an appointment with Barbarann Lathropp and she will help you achieve the color of your dreams.
Makeup: Victoria Roggio
In the past 2 years I have gained a lot of knowledge about skincare and great products, guess what I am working with one of the most talented and knowledgeable team at Rescue Spa, Philadelphia. Being a product junkie I try everything that’s out there, and then of course I share my knowledge and experience with my readers and clients. I love skin, I love health and I love everything that makes you pretty and feel good. My theory is very simple, less is more. Having a healthy skin is everything and now is the right time to address questions if you have them, now is a good time to meet and talk about your concerns. I am happy to recommend you some great products that changed my life and made me wear so much less makeup and feel great about my skin.
In the past few months I have met a good number of clients who had the same problem, dehydration and dull skin. Often people forget about the basics: Cleanse, Exfoliate and Hydrate. I’ve heard so many times the myth “drinking 8 glasses of water a day will rehydrate your skin”. Well guess what, it is great to stay hydrated and drink a lot of water but there are some essential steps that you still have to follow and make some time to give love to your beautiful face and body.
1. Cleansing The Skin sets the stage for everything else that will take place in your skin. More so than any other part of your skin-care routine, it is essential that the cleansing products you use are gentle. Over cleansing or using cleansers that are too drying is a major cause of irritation, dry patches and sometimes redness. Different cleansers suit different faces. I love mild, creamy formulas of cleansers because they don’t irritate my skin, but a foaming cleanser or gel cleanser may be better for oily skin (Valmont Nature Cleansing with a Gel). I use daily to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin Lait U by Biologique Recherche. It’s more than a cleanser, it’s also a makeup remover. Lait U is a non-oily, fresh cleanser that respects the skin’s natural moisturizing processes. It is recommended for all skin types. It gently removes makeup, impurities, and cleanses without dehydrating. Respects the function of the epidermis. Does not leave an oily film.
2. Exfoliate your skin. I love and I can rave about P50 Original 1970 by Bilogique Recherche. This toner is “like a facial in a bottle” (Danuta Mieloch). It hydrates, exfoliates and balances the pH level in your skin. This product has changed my life and I highly recommend to use it . I have noticed that my skin feels fresh and young, I have a natural glow after using P50 Toner for over a year in the AM and PM. However, when I wake up in the morning, and my skin feels so soft and most importantly, a lot more rested. And since my schedule has been super hectic, that’s absolutely crucial for me.
3. Moisturize. When staring at the shelves and shelves of skin-care products, it can seem as if there is a cream for every pore. But finding the right formula is actually pretty simple. You can always make an app to see an esthetician or get samples of products that you find interesting and find more about them. I personally like to layer my products since I don’t like to feel a heavy cream on my skin. I use a Serum under my eyes and checks area to brighten my skin and on top a moisturizer. It is also great to have one moisturizer for the day that does a double duty. Day formula should contain a broad – spectrum SPF of at least 15, and after that , you can pick your weapon : anti- oxidants, anti-aging, anti-acne, you name it and I am happy to help you.
Silk Plus Serum by Bilogique Recherche unifies the complexion of the skin. is a moisturizing, smoothing serum that contains high concentrations of regenerating agents, Hyaluronic Acid, Cucumber and Silk extracts which really soothe the skin and leave it feeling silky soft! It is recommended for all skin types.
As my day moisturizer I prefer to use Embryolisse, it is lightweight and great for all skin types. “This cult Parisian cream is found in every makeup artist’s backstage kit bag.” Packed with nourishing, skin-plumping ingredients, Embryolisse’s cult formula can be used as a moisturizer, cleanser, mask or primer. See the tone and feel of your complexion visibly improve thanks to Shea Butter, Aloe Vera and Soy Protein – all are rich in essential vitamins, fatty and amino acids proven to stimulate cell renewal and collagen fibers.
- Suitable for all ages and skin types, including children and babies – perfect for men after shaving
- Leaves even dry and sensitive skin soothed and comforted
- Rebuilds the hydrolipidic film that protects the skin from environmental aggression
- Can be used as a cleanser, makeup remover, beauty mask or after sun
- Paraben Free and Not Tested on Animals
For any questions or if you are interested to have a consultation with me, feel free to email at email@example.com Hope this information is useful for all of you!