“My skincare routine has changed since I shot my Top Shelf, for sure! One of the biggest changes was that I started using all Biologique Recherche. I have this girlfriend Hayley, at her house we would always inevitably end up drinking wine, and after three glasses of wine she was like, ‘Come into the bathroom, we’re doing a facial!’ And she’d always give me these Biologique facials with all these serums, and the moisturizer, all of it. I’d wake up in the morning with a slight hangover but my skin would be amazing! Eventually I took the plunge and got the whole regimen. My favorite trick is to use the Masque Vivant combined with the Masque VIP. I mix it in my hand with baking soda. A facialist told me about that, and it works. Then I use the Biologique toner, cleanser, and serum.
I’m just obsessed with anything skincare, so if someone has something that I don’t have I’m like, ‘Ooh, what’s that?’ One of my other girlfriends had the Ziip-of course I picked it up. I started using it, and it’s amazing. Like, it actually is amazing. It does work. I have all the gadgets-I have the LED mask, I have it all. I use them when I’m watching TV.
I use Oribe shampoo and conditioner. For the luxe of it all. To be honest, [my hair] is a little temperamental. But when I’m in a good environment, like when I’m at home or when I’m driving, my hair dries really well. I just tuck it under my ears, and it dries in this sort of wavy, sort of straight way. But if it’s not in the right environment and I let it dry naturally, it will be so frizzy. If I just go straight outside or for a walk or something, my hair will get frizzy. So I try to be inside and let it dry. It can be wavy, but it can also be quite frizzy and poofy, which I actually sometimes like. Because it makes me feel like I’m in an 80’s rom-com. I have a straightener and a blow dryer, but I don’t really use them much. Except when I’m in a really big rush and don’t want to wait and see if my hair dries nice or not, I’ll blow dry it properly and straighten it. One thing I learned is called the preemptive dry shampoo. So even when your hair is clean, the night before you go to bed, you put dry shampoo in. And the you wake up and it’s got a good texture. So I do that sometimes. It helps that I have a silk pillowcase, but I’m also too messy and I drool all over it [Laughs].” –Phoebe Tonkin as told to Into The Gloss
Healthy looking skin is at the top of every woman’s wishlist. The best way to achieve this is to develop a good skincare routine, it has to be consistent (the biggest problem for most people). If you haven’t already tried our cult all-in-one beauty fix P50 1970 this is the time to do so! At RESCUE we believe in products that work to keep your skin moist, hydrated, and youthful. We offer a full range of active formulas such as: AVST, RETINOL, Intensive Antioxidant Gel, Vitamin C, as well as Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides, Oxygenation, Amino Acids, etc. All of these potent formulas are great collagen boosters that also provide cellular repair. A winter standout product is still Regenera II. I always say it is the richest cream on earth! Provides instant hydration and prevents moisture loss.
Maintain beautiful skin by scheduling our Signature Facial or a non-invasive laser treatment: Biolift, LED, Energy Lift, Refirme, and IPL (ask for a spot treatment for those problem areas).
Nails As a Fashion Accessory. For a quick fashion update try one of our nail designs as well as Vinylux 1-week nail polish, a healthy alternative to gel nails.
Hair care is big this year. Did you know that your hair ages as well? We added Rene Furterer and Phyto Hair Care since our clientele knows to take care of their scalp & hair as well as their skin.
Makeup as skincare. Chantecaille and By Terry are of the very few makeup companies that approach cosmetics as skincare. At RESCUE we like to hear “your skin looks great” rather than “your makeup looks great”. We offer BB & CC creams and tinted moisturizers & foundations that won’t reak havoc on your skin. Schedule a makeup master class with one of our makeup artists to learn how to perfect your look.
Beauty Must-haves for 2014
- Complexe 5 the foundation for all hair types. Did you know that the scalp has build up (eww!)? Detoxing your scalp is essential for a healthy scalp and beautiful hair.
- Make frizz nonexistent with Phytodefrisant. Sans silicone & parabens. Enriched with a botanical plant base.
- Regenera II, as I always say it is the richest cream on earth!
- Foot Logix a healing foam for cracked heels and calluses.
- Gin Fizz eau de parfum by Lubin Paris was favored by Grace Kelly. A touch of history with a lasting scent.
RESCUE’s simple and easy approach to beauty:
- Hydrate. Drink water often it’s amazing what it does for your skin and your entire body, keeping it moist and supple.
- Breathe. Oxygen is crucial for your well-being. Conscious deep breathing just for a few minutes relieves stress, rejuvenates your skin, re-energizes your body.
- Exercise. Find activity that suits you and your lifestyle. Try yoga, pilates, strength training, go for a walk, run, or bike. The benefits are amazing. Releases “feel good” hormones, increases blood flow, and reduces stress.
- 4. Eat sensibly. Focus on fresh complex foods containing proteins, vitamins, vital nutrients, healthy fats (avocado, olive oil) these are the building blocks of skin tissue.
- Get enough sleep. When well rested everything is better: mood, skin, energy.
- Have a hobby & passion. Doing things we love slows down the aging process.
- Beware of sun damage. Staying out of the sun is the most valuable beauty lesson. Always protect yourself with sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, find shade, use skincare containing active ingredients and antioxidants for extra protection.
- RESCUE’s anti-aging mantra. “Everything in moderation”. From how much you eat. How often you exercise. How many laser treatments, facials, injectables, plastic surgery, etc. that you receive. Simplify.
- Smile often! Self confidence and self esteem are at the top of the beauty list.
- Give & share.